For my 40th Birthday my husband surprised me with taking us on a trip! We did not know where we were going until our connecting flight. It was so crazy! The kids did pretty well on the 6 hours it took us to get there from Seattle.
 |
The kids surprised me after my sunrise stroll on the beach with a luau and balloons for my birthday!
|
 |
| Admiring the native flowers, I checked my app for plant names a lot of the time. |
 |
Getting on a boat to go to a Grotto
|
 |
| These ladies danced and sang the traditional wedding song. This Grotto used to be a place of worship for the natives, then they started using it to hold weddings. You can't go into the Grotto anymore, you have to stay on the platform now, but it's still really pretty! |
 |
Evey trying sushi for the first time! Anthony and I love sushi, so we had to find a place to go to eat it!
|
 |
| More flowers! I just loved all the different plant varieties! |
We came home on Wednesday, then on Friday my sister and I took the kids to Hogle Zoo! We've never been in the fall, we usually take them in the Spring. We really enjoyed it!
 |
| The Zoo helper sat here telling us that the Orangutans are more cuddly and friendly than the Gorillas, she said they'll sit here and want you to touch the glass so they can cuddle with you. It was so sweet. |
 |
The baby gorilla saw Nelly and went straight to her, I think he wanted to play! He put his arms up on the glass and was looking at her. They are the same size I guess!
|
 |
This is the closest I've ever seen a Polar Bear! They are huge!
|
 |
| The kids all payed for their own face paint! They chose their favorite animal! Peacock, Wolf, Snake and Tiger. |
One of the best things about Homeschool is you start just learning everywhere you go, you take the time to look something up, you become more curious and want to know all the answers. Everytime the kids asked me something in Hawaii I stopped to think or check and we often times learn together. It is a wonderful thing-to enjoy learning.
Comments
Post a Comment